W6100 is a hardwired Internet controller chip supporting IPv4/IPv6 dual stack by adding IPv6 functions on the basis of WIZnet’s patented hardwired TCP/IP core technology. W6100 supports TCP/IP protocols such as TCP, UDP, IPv6, IPv4, ICMPv6, ICMPv4, IGMP, ARP and PPPoE. W6100 also includes 10Base-T / 10Base-Te / 100Base-TX Ethernet PHY and Ethernet MAC Controller which makes it suitable for embedded internet-enabled devices.
W6100-L: 2,000pcs / BOX
W6100-Q: 4,000pcs / BOX
W6100 has 8 independent hardwired SOCKETs and supports various SOCKET-less commands, which are for IPv6 auto-configuration, monitoring, and managing the network via ARP, PINGv4, and PINGv6.
W6100 supports two kinds of HOST interfaces; SPI and parallel system BUS. It has 32KB internal memory for sending and receiving data. Designed for low power and low heat, W6100 provides WOL (Wake On LAN), Ethernet PHY power down mode and etc.
W6100 has two package types, 48 LQFP and 48 QFN lead-free. Both versions are PIN-2-PIN compatible with W5100S.
- Support Hardwired TCP/IP Protocols : TCP, UDP, IPv6, IPv4, ICMPv6, ICMPv4, IGMP, MLDv1, ARP, PPPoE
- Support IPv4/IPv6 Dual Stack
- Support 8 independent SOCKETs simultaneously with 32KB Memory
- Support SOCKET-less Command: ARP, PING, ICMPv6(PING, ARP,DAD,NA,RS) Command for IPv6 Auto-configuration& Network Monitoring
- Support Ethernet Power Down Mode & System Clock Switching for power save
- Support Wake on LAN over UDP
- Support Serial & Parallel Host Interface: High Speed SPI(MODE 0/3), System Bus with 2 Address signal & 8bit Data
- Internal 16Kbytes Memory for TX/ RX Buffers
- 10BaseT / 10BaseTe / 100BaseTX Ethernet PHY Integrated
- Support Auto Negotiation (Full and half duplex, 10 and 100-based )
- Support Auto-MDIX only on Auto-Negotiation Mode
- Not support IP Fragmentation
- 3V operation with 5V I/O signal tolerance
- Network Indicator LEDs (Full/Half Duplex, Link, 10/100 Speed, Active)
- 48 Pin LQFP & QFN Lead-Free Package (7x7mm, 0.5mm pitch)
- W5100S PIN-2-PIN Compatible
- Home Network Devices: Set-Top Boxes, PVRs, Digital Media Adapters
- Serial-to-Ethernet: Access Controls, LED displays, Wireless AP relays, etc.
- Parallel-to-Ethernet: POS / Mini Printers, Copiers
- USB-to-Ethernet: Storage Devices, Network Printers
- GPIO-to-Ethernet: Home Network Sensors
- Security Systems: DVRs, Network Cameras, Kiosks
- Factory, Building, Home Automations
- Medical Monitoring Equipment
- Embedded Servers
- Internet of Things (IoT) Devices
- IoT Cloud Devices